A Brief Look at ZAR Casino Sites
South African Rand, ZAR, or simply R is the national currency of one of the biggest countries in Africa and is divided into 100 cents. More and more players are searching for South African Rand casinos to avoid conversion fees and any possible misunderstandings. And luckily, many brands start adding this currency to the list.
When you are exploring online casinos in South Africa, make sure that ZAR is on the list of accepted currencies. If there is no such information on the website, we recommend contacting the support team straight away.
Checklist for Choosing Reliable Casinos in ZAR
When choosing online casinos accepting ZAR you need to know how to distinguish a good from a bad one. For this reason, Gamblorium experts have made a list of criteria that will be of great help:
- International gambling license.
- A casino should be licensed by official gambling authorities both international and local ones. The most reputable are the UK Gambling Commission and Malta Gaming Authority.
- Clear rules and terms.
- Users should have access to informative and easy-to-read T&C on creating an account, claiming bonuses, and making deposits or withdrawals. All policies should be on a public display.
- Leading game developers.
- Their products run on secure and modern software and are independently tested on fairness and randomness. Such companies as NetEnt, Microgaming, Pragmatic Play, or Yggdrasil are considered the ones you can trust.
- Multiple payment options.
- For your maximum convenience, online casinos should offer a broad list of banking methods that accept transactions with South African Rand. The more, the better.
- Professional and timely customer support.
- Any time you have troubles with using a website or want to clarify some details, you must have access to support managers by email, phone, live chat, and social media. A great advantage is when they work 24/7.
- Responsible gambling.
- Protection of players should always be a priority and reliable casinos eagerly support responsible gambling measures. For example, self-exclusion or setting time and money limits.
Every day our team tests and evaluates gambling sites to help you choose the best ZAR casino. If you have any questions left, feel free to send us a message and we’ll gladly help.
Top South African Rand Casinos
There are thousands of gambling sites on the market, so it may be a challenge to find the best online casinos with ZAR. If you don’t want to waste time and compare platforms on your own, just follow our advice and pick one of the recommended brands below:
100% / 100 FS
Perfect navigation, Slingo and tournament games, and a native Android and iOS app.
The UKGC and MGA licenses, a 10% cashback on all losses, and fast verification.
Popular Deposit Methods for Gambling in South African Rand
When choosing casinos for real money, pay attention to the payment methods on offer. They must be diverse, trustworthy, convenient, and provide data encryption. The available methods should also have low or absent transaction fees and plausible transaction limits.
Below we will tell you what options you should look for at online casinos that accept ZAR.
Deposit & Withdrawal Limits
When it comes to online gambling, you should be ready to face a bunch of transaction limitations. The minimum deposit starts with as little as R25 and can reach thousands of South African Rands to target only high rollers. Restricting maximum deposits is also a common practice of preventing compulsive gambling. The minimum and maximum withdrawal also exist. Usually, the minimum cash out is higher than the deposit. And don’t forget that these restrictions also depend on the payment method of your choice.
Processing & Payout Times
The withdrawal time differs from one gambling site to another and depends both on the brand and the chosen payment method. On average, the withdrawals take 3-5 business days but may reach 10 days for direct wire transfers. When choosing an online casino that accepts South African Rand, you should also pay attention to the pending period. It is the time needed for the website to process and verify your request. The shorter this period is, the quicker you’ll get your money.
Attractive Casino Bonus Offers at ZAR Casinos
Casino bonuses make gambling fun and rewarding. They allow getting familiar with the lobby, returning losses, and playing longer. Here are the most common promotions you will find at ZAR casinos:
- Welcome bonuses
- Reload bonuses
- Free spins
- Loyalty programs
- Daily/weekly/monthly prize drops
- Birthday presents
When choosing a bonus, don’t forget to read its terms and conditions. They might concern the expiration date, wagering requirement, and games you can play.
Benefits & Drawbacks of Casinos Accepting ZAR
Even though playing with a national currency is very advantageous, ZAR gambling might not be for everyone. Here are the most common pros and cons that you can expect:
|You won’t confuse bet sizes and winnings because of wrong calculations.||A smaller number of casinos compared to those which accept USD or EUR.|
|Absence of transaction fees.||Not all payment methods support South African Rand.|
|Some casinos have unique bonuses when using ZAR.|
Casinos that Don’t Accept South African Rand
When seeing that ZAR is not on the list of available payment methods, some gamblers think that the casino doesn’t accept players from South Africa. However, it is not true. You can still play on the website but will have to choose another currency. It is selected either during the registration procedure or when making a deposit through the Cashier section.
If you are playing in a foreign currency, make sure to convert the sums into South African Rand. Thus, you’ll always keep track of how much you spend and lose.
Foreign Currency Alternatives to ZAR
Even though there is a significant number of online casinos that accept South African Rand, you might not find it in a gambling site that you like. If for some reason you need to play with another currency, let us tell you about the two most common alternatives:
- USD. The most popular and widespread currency of the world was first mentioned in 1794 after the Coinage Act. Nowadays, it is accepted by almost every online casino in the world, so you will never be short of options.
- EUR. The official currency of 19 countries is also common among gamblers. The EUR/USD rates are almost the same, so it is easy to adjust to bet sizes. Used by more than 334 million people, Euro is a great ZAR alternative.
History of South African Rand
ZAR is an official dollar-denominated currency of the Republic of South Africa. It is also accepted in Lesotho, Eswatini, and Namibia. The word rand comes from Witwatersrand, a high slope in Johannesburg. The South African Rand was first introduced in 1961 after the proclamation of the republic’s independence.
USD / ZAR exchange rates throughout history:
|1961||1 USD = 1.4 ZAR|
|1985||1 USD = 2 ZAR|
|1992||1 USD = 3 ZAR|
|1999||1 USD = 6 ZAR|
|2001||1 USD = 14 ZAR|
|2016||1 USD = 16 ZAR|
|2021||1 USD = 14 ZAR|
Are online casinos with South African Rands safe?
Not all gambling sites accepting ZAR are safe. There are brands that don’t have licenses, publish rigged games or don’t follow security measures. If you want to avoid these problems, we recommend choosing one of the websites reviewed by our experts.
Can I get a welcome bonus in a casino that accepts ZAR?
Yes, you can. The welcome bonus is one of the most popular and widespread types of promotions, so it is almost always on the list. As a rule, this bonus consists of two parts: a matching sum and free spins. Keep in mind that like any promotion, the welcome bonus has its own T&C and restrictions.
What are the best payment methods for casinos accepting South African Rand?
Choosing a fast and secure payment option with a low or absent transaction fee is extremely important. If you want to pay with ZAR, pay attention to PayPal, EasyEFT, or bank cards. You can also try Bitcoin, as cryptocurrency ensures instant deposits and full anonymity.
Are there any fees or limits involved?
Almost all online casinos are free from any fees. However, they often impose different limitations. For example, a minimum/maximum deposit and withdrawal, wagering requirements, and bonus expiration date. Read the T&C attentively to be aware of all the rules.