Best Online Roulette for Real Money
There is hardly anyone who does not know about roulette. It is a game which is played with a special wheel, red and black pockets and a ball rotating inside the wheel, which falls into one of the pockets to solve the destiny of players. Nowadays, roulette can be played not only in land-based casinos but also on online gambling platforms. Most players prefer to choose a real money online roulette game with bets and awards paid in cash though there are demo versions of this popular game too.
Since roulette is a game, players should know the rules of how to play it to be able to win. Moreover, there are different types of this game, so the choice of a suitable version can be tough. When a player decides to play roulette online, real money games are a perfect choice if you have some gambling experience. For beginners, it is better to have some practice in demo versions. However, if you are interested in roulette game and want to learn more about it, Gamblorium is here to tell you:
- WHAT features and benefits online roulette game has;
- HOW to play each of its types;
- WHERE your gambling experience connected with the roulette game will be the most memorable.
Best Real Money Roulette Casinos in 2023 ?
50 Free Spins
- No wagering requirements
- Exclusive rewards
- The OJO Wheel & Prize Twister
- Players from Accepted
100% up to SEK/EUR 333 + 100 FS
- Attractive welcome package
- Games from various developers
- One of the fastest payouts
- Players from Accepted
Up To €777 + 250 Free Spins
- Game from over 50 providers
- Suitable for high rollers
- Rewarding loyalty program
- Players from Accepted
Roulette for Real Money Overview + Rules
Roulette is a casino game that dates back to the end of the 18th century. This casino game is played on a big rectangular table crowned with a wheel and managed by a croupier. The main symbol of the best online roulette real money game is a wheel. It is divided into 38 slots, each of the same colours as a number on the table. The table has an elongated form because it has a layout for boxes with numbers from 1 to 36 arranged in three columns and 12 lines. Each of the numbers is coloured red or black, while the top of the table with 0 and 00 boxes is green in the background. This layout is used for inside bets, while some boxes outside this main table are meant for outside bets.
Roulette rules are similar in every casino for real money but may have some differences depending on the game type. Players can join the game after the spin is completed and all the winnings have been paid out. They make their bets using chips of different values, putting them on the numbers they hope will win. After all, bets are made, a dealer starts spinning the wheel and throws the ball inside it until it bounces and falls into one of the pockets. The dealer will place the marker on the same number on the table that was selected by the ball and pay out winnings if there are winners.
Learning roulette rules is crucial for playing this game, but this article will also focus on tips and tricks for roulette players as well as explain the basic strategies developed for this game to increase the odds of winning.
It is possible to play online roulette with real money and win only if you are aware of basic roulette terms and their meaning.
- Bet on the Layout is a wager players place on any box with a number on the table.
- Block betting is a set of numbers to bet on according to the strategy selected.
- Column bet is a bet on numbers in one column, which is paid 2:1.
- Dozen bet is a bet on all numbers in the groups between 1 and 12, 13 and 24, and 25 and 36.
- French bet is a bet when a player covers the numbers in the whole wheel section.
- House edge is a percentage of each bet kept by the casino in the long run.
- Inside bet is made on the numbers which are printed on the table, and they are paid at quite high odds.
- Orphelins is a bet on the group of three numbers that are neighbours on the wheel but are far away from each other on the layout.
- Outside bet is a kind of bet placed outside the layout that usually sounds like red/black or odd/even.
- Pockets are small areas, each with a number between 1 and 36, 0 and 00. One of them is selected by the ball on the wheel, and they are coloured red, black, or green.
- Six line is a bet that covers 6 numbers located in two adjacent rows on the layout.
- Split is a bet made on two adjacent numbers on the layout by placing the chip on the line distinguishing them and paying out at odds 17:1.
- Straight up is a bet made on one number on the layout and paid out at odds 35:1.
- Street is a bet made on three numbers in a row on the layout. The chip is placed on the edge of the row, and it pays out at odds 11:1.
Roulette Variations at Online Casino Sites
Online casinos offer several variations of the roulette game, and players should understand the difference between them to choose the most appropriate one. There are 4 most popular variations to consider.
This variation of roulette is available only in live dealer casinos. It looks similar to the game played in land-based casinos. The only difference is that the game takes place in a specially equipped studio and broadcasts from it with the help of technology. If you want to play live roulette online real money, you should enter a game on one of the gambling platforms. It is managed by a live dealer who can answer your messages in the chat.
Mobile roulette + app
There are many casinos created especially for mobile devices, but most of the online gambling platforms are responsive, too and offer every player a chance to play mobile roulette real money game. Gamblers can access their favourite roulette game directly in the mobile browser or download a real money roulette app from the casino website. As a result, this casino will always be at your hand.
High stakes roulette
Every roulette game has a minimum and maximum bets. There are special game variations where even minimum bets are very high, but payouts to a winner are overwhelming there too. These roulette variations are aimed at high rollers who are not afraid to risks and drink champagne in case of success.
Low stakes roulette
If a player is not ready to make high bets, he should prefer a low stakes roulette game. Both losses and winnings are insignificant in it, but it is the best example to enjoy the process for a longer period of time.
Main Online Roulette Types Explained
- European roulette
- The main peculiarity of this roulette type is the presence only of one green pocket with 0 numbers. Moreover, all the numbers between 1 and 36 are not in the correct order on the wheel, and it makes European roulette online real money games much more exciting.
- American roulette
- This roulette wheel includes all the numbers from 1 to 36 as well as two green pockets with 0 and 00. Numbers are arranged identically, so when you follow the ball slowing down, the blood starts running faster. It is the main peculiarity of playing American roulette online for money.
- French roulette
- Being named after the French word that means wheel, this roulette type has a wheel with one green 0 pockets, similar to European roulette. However, the table layout is slightly different, and a gambler should get used to it when he decides to play online roulette for real money.
- No-zero roulette
- This type of roulette game has the same rules, but its only difference is the absence of a green pocket, with 0 number both on the wheel and on the table layout. Players can make bets on any number except for 0.
- Mini Roulette
- The main difference of this game is fewer numbers on the wheel – from 1 to 12. It also makes it the best real money online roulette game because it allows scoring a winning combination easier and faster.
- Multi-Wheel roulette
- The main feature of this game is betting on the outcome of several wheels instead of one. A player can choose which of these wheels should be active for every new spin. Since the table with the layout is one, a player’s bet is referred to as all spinning wheels, and when they stop, a player collects winnings from each of them.
- Multi Ball Roulette
- The name of this game says about its main feature – the possibility to spin up to 10 balls in one wheel. It boosts winning chances significantly, and the stakes are usually multiplied by the number of balls used in the game.
Real Money Roulette Casinos You Can’t Miss
Have you appreciated all the types of online casino roulette real money games? It is time to make your choice of the best platform to gamble on. Gamblorium values your time, so we have prepared the best online casinos with multiple roulette games to simplify your choice.
How We Select and Rate the Best Casinos with Roulette
Many players can be disappointed with online casino games if they choose unreliable websites. When playing a casino game with real money, remember that the key to your success is gambling only on trusted online platforms. When you have to look for an online casino yourself, you may face a lot of challenges, so it is better to devote this responsible task to professionals. Gamblorium ratings are based on a detailed analysis of online casinos since we take into account the following features:
✓ Roulette variations
Players who enjoy roulette look for platforms with a wide selection of its types, so this point is one of the most significant for a rating. Our list includes casinos that offer roulette games of different types and variations, so a player can easily choose the most appealing game.
It is possible to make playing roulette online with real money much more exciting if to take advantage of bonuses offered by a casino. Our experts have selected the most lucrative offers to benefit from, so players can enjoy roulette games for much longer than usual.
It is clear that only a reliable and safe platform can give a positive gambling experience to players. Casinos from our list guarantee players the security of any sensitive data shared with them and the protection of data transfer with the latest encryption technology.
✓ Mobile versions
An important feature of a trusted casino is its availability on multiple platforms, including desktop and mobile ones. If a casino is responsive, it is possible to play roulette games anytime and anywhere, so we rank casinos with mobile apps and mobile compatibility the highest.
✓ Real money & free mode
It is great if a casino does not limit players who are not ready to play for real money the games they do not know. Having practised in a demo mode is a comfortable way to get used to a new game, check different strategies, or understand if it appeals to you.
✓ Secure banking
A good gaming platform offers players several convenient and widely-accepted payment options for depositing and withdrawing money they won in the roulette game. All the casinos from our rating guarantee the security of financial transactions as well as include instant and free of hidden fees options.
✓ Fast payouts
It is clear that none of us agrees to wait for cash winnings for long. Casinos from our list guarantee fast payouts with a minimum pending time and quite high withdrawal limits.
✓ Customer support
Professional assistance is an important reason to trust a casino, so it is important that customer support can be contacted around the clock because players are spread all around the world. Another feature of casinos from our top is multiple ways of accessing customer support representatives, including chat, email, phone, etc.
Top 3 Online Roulette Games for Real Money
Are you sick of wasting your time on average games? Do you want to play roulette online for real money and start with the best out of the best games? Gamblorium has prepared a top of the most impressive and rewarding roulette games that will appeal to you from the first second of playing.
|Name||Software||Free Mode||Our Rating|
|Live French Roulette||Evolution Gaming||❌||4.6/5|
Best Roulette Casino Promotions
Spinning the roulette wheel can be twice more exciting if to benefit from rewarding casino bonus offers. Who doesn’t want to increase the chances of winning? These are the things casino promotions were made for, so fans of roulette should not lose a chance to take advantage of the following bonuses and promos.
- Welcome bonus is a bonus given to players who have joined the casino and made the first deposit. Usually, it is a percentage match to a deposit that can be accompanied by free spins on a slot machine.
- No deposit bonus is a bonus given to newly registered players who can be given an entrain amount of bonus funds to try a real money roulette game or play it for a certain period of time without a deposit.
- Cashback is a certain percentage of bonus money returned to a player after he has lost some amount playing actively in the casino.
- Weekly (monthly, seasonal) promotions are rewards given to players on a regular basis.
- Free trials are promotions offered for new roulette and other types of games when players can try a new game for a limited period of time.
Multipliers are promotions when players can increase their winnings several times.
Basic Strategies to Win in Roulette
Every player comes to an online casino to win, but not all gamblers are aware of the secrets that may increase their chances of getting rewards. It is a widely known fact that casino games have existed for a couple of centuries already, and some people put effort and developed strategies that can contribute to the winnings. Many of them were justified, and their efficiency was proven in practice, so after deciding to play real money roulette online, take some time to learn the most effective strategies from this list.
- The Martingale Roulette Strategy
- The main concept of this strategy is to increase bets after every loss so that when a player finally wins, he receives all the lost money back in addition to winnings. Naturally, it is risky to use this strategy, but if you always multiply your previous bet by two each time when you lose, there are high chances that your winning will soon pay you back. When it happens, it is important to return to the minimum bet again.
- The Reverse Martingale Strategy
- Known also as Paroli, this strategy was invented in the 16th century and is used nowadays too. It is used in even bets on red or black, even or odd, from 1 to 18 or from 19 to 36. According to this strategy, a player should double the bet after every win. A player starts betting the lowest amount and continues doing that until he or she wins, and the next bet after the win should be twice higher than the previous one. The main idea of this strategy is that wins and losses come in streaks and it allows getting the money you lost back.
- The d’Alembert Roulette Strategy
- This strategy is applied in roulette only on even bets such as red or black, even or odd, from 1 to 18 or from 19 to 36. According to this strategy in online roulette games, real money bets are increased by the same amount each time a player loses and decreased by one amount when he wins. Its main benefit is lower losses in comparison with other strategies, but equal win and loss streaks will help to restore the initial budget and win more.
- The Fibonacci Betting Strategy
- Invented by Pisani, this strategy is known as a negative progression betting system. Its main idea is the fact that winnings are usually higher than losses, so it is necessary to increase your bet with every loss. The amounts are counted according to the sequence, and a player should bet the next number in the sequence after a loss. After the win, the player should decrease his next bet by two numbers in the sequence.
- The James Bond Strategy
- Being one of the simplest strategies, its main idea can be applied only in European roulette. It consists of 3 subsequent bets with a total amount of €/$200. The first one is €/$140 or its fraction or multiple on numbers between 19 and 36. The second one is €/$50 bet on numbers between 13 and 18. The third bet of €/$10 is made on zero. It means that a player loses only when the ball lands on numbers from 1 to 12, while in all other cases, he wins.
Find a perfect bet type for you
Roulette is a game where it is impossible to learn the outcome, and players should hope for luck first of all. However, it does not mean that there is no need to consider wagers when you play online roulette games for money. Every player should understand what types of bets there are and which one to choose to get the best odds.
There are two types of bets in roulette:
- Inside bets are made on any number inside the table grid, including 0 and 00.
- Outside bets are made behind the borders of the standard grid and can increase the player’s odds. It can help a player to win back at least a part of the bet because the chances to win in outside bets are as high as 50%.
It is necessary to remember that players can also bet on groups of numbers and combine inside and outside bets to increase their chances of winning. There are no limits to the number of bets in roulette, so players should treat every bet carefully not to lose more than they will win.
Don’t forget about available odds & payouts
Like any other casino game, roulette has its house odds – a mathematical advantage in the gambling game, which may differ depending on the game type. According to Britannica.com, house odds in roulette range from 2.7% in European roulette to 5.26% in American one or even more.
When it comes to payouts that players get when they play roulette for money online, they look as follows:
- Red or black: when a player bets on colour, he receives the same amount of wins – a chance to win is 48.65%.
- Even or odd: even payout in case of a win (the same as in a bet on red or black).
- 1 to 18 or 19 to 36: even payout in case of a win (the same as in a bet on red or black).
- Dozen or column bet: 2:1 payout with a chance to win of 32.43%.
- Straight bet: if you guess a single number the ball lands on, you get a payout of 35:1, though the probability of doing that is only 2.7%.
- Split bet: when you bet on two numbers, and one of them is winning, your payout is 17:1, while the chances to guess are 5.41%.
- Street bet: a bet made on the row that consists of 3 digits pays out with odds of 11:1, and a probability of becoming a winner there is 8.11%.
- Corner bet: a win in the bet on four numbers pays out 8:1, while chances to win are 10.81%.
- Double street bet: covering two rows of numbers can bring a payout of 5:1 with a likelihood to win of 16.22%.
Stick to your budget
It is not a secret that gambling is addictive. When you lose several bets, there is always a desire to return the money you have lost. However, if luck is not on your side, it is possible to lose much more than you planned. Therefore, when you decide to play a game of roulette, you should decide which amount is critical for today. It is the only way to stop playing when your balance runs out of money and prevent going into overdraft.
Experts remind us that casino games have been created for fun; they can’t be exploited as a way of earning money, while any winnings are only luck and nothing more!
It means that you should not deposit more than you are ready to lose during the current game, or it may be challenging to stop at the moment you planned in advance.
Tips & Tricks
Not only strategies can help players to win a fortune in roulette. There are also some tips and tricks for gamblers who play roulette for real money online. Are you interested in how to get luckier? Look through these tips:
- Prefer free roulette games.
- Make outside bets predominantly.
- Consider the outcomes of the previous spins to make more accurate forecasts.
- Start playing with a demo mode and only then continue in real money games.
- Bet only the amount you can afford to lose.
- If you doubled your initial amount during the game, withdraw your winnings to start the next round with the same amount.
- The chances of winning in European roulette are higher than in American one.
- Choose reputable and licensed casinos to get a fair game outcome.
Play Roulette For Free vs Real Money
|Free mode||Real money mode|
|Instant access to roulette games without sign-ups, downloads or deposits.||A great rush of adrenaline.|
|The possibility to stay anonymous while playing the game.||A bigger number of games players can access, including live dealer games.|
|A player experiences all the fun of playing without financial losses.||No limits to fun.|
|It is possible to practice strategies and check tips without spending money.||No chance to get real money winnings or jackpot.|
|Eligibility for bonuses and promotions.||Access to VIP and loyalty programs.|
|A minimum of roulette games to play.||Wagering requirements for bonus offers.|
History of Roulette
Not only the rules but also the history of the roulette game is very interesting. Roulette is an exciting game that was invented back in the 18th century. Experts say that the first mention of a game with a wheel called Roly Poly dates back to 1720. Historians believe that it was Blaise Pascal who introduced his perpetual motion machine that was originally used in the Italian game called Biribi. The wheel was divided into red and black sections though there were no numbers on them. When it comes to the modern look of the roulette wheel, the first games with it were played in Paris in 1796. The modern name of this game has also come from the French words that mean ‘little wheel’. The first description of this game was made by Jaques Lablee in his book La Roulette, ou le Jour, published in 1801.
Roulette was spread all over the globe by colonists, and it was a little modified by the Americans, who added two other pockets: 00 one with a symbol of an American eagle. These minor modifications have led to the appearance of several roulette types players can observe nowadays.
Frequently Asked Questions