What is the UK Gambling Commission?
The UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) is a regulating authority that controls and oversees all online gambling-related activities in the UK. It was established under the Gambling Act of 2005 with more focus on online gambling, and it has since been the yardstick for comparing regulatory organisations worldwide. The UK Gambling Commission is funded by licence fees and levy payments from the National Lottery.
UKGC was set up to protect online players and ensure crime-free and fair gambling. The UKGC licence regulates all offline and online UKGC gambling sites, lotteries, sportsbooks, slots, and Bingo options. The UK Gambling Commission also partners with other reputable organisations to prevent gambling crimes and safeguard the masses from the dangers of gambling. To achieve this, the UK gambling commission creates awareness of gambling-related issues and offers assistance to those affected by this plague. You can contact UKGC if you have any inquiries about gambling in the UK.
Main Role of UKGC
The sole roles of the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) include:
- Protecting vulnerable people from gambling;
- Keeping gambling crime-free for British players, and;
- Ensuring gambling is fair for all bettors aged 18 years or above.
One of the ways the UKGC executes these roles is by setting rules or guidelines for all casino operators (both land and online). Here are some rules that guide gambling in UKGC-licensed casinos:
- All online casinos must display the terms and conditions for each bonus.
- The use of random number generators ensures gamblers have a fair shot at winning on regulated sites.
- Casinos should allow players to set limits for deposits, withdrawals, and gameplay.
- All online casinos in the UK must be legit and operate legally.
- Every online casino must grant players a good gambling experience by promoting fair and responsible gaming. This includes providing self-exclusion periods for possible gambling addicts.
- Do not mislead customers with catchy phrases related to free gaming if there is a need for a deposit.
Safety and Security at UKGC-Certified Casinos
Depositing your money to an online casino account requires much trust in hopes of winning real money. This is why all online casino sites must meet the basic safety requirements before being licensed and regulated by the UKGC. Asides from having an RNG certificate, UKGC-certified casinos have HTTPS, TLS, and multiple levels of SSL encryption technology to keep your game progress and financial data safe.
Fair Games at UK Licensed Casinos
British gamblers can enjoy the best provably fair games at UK-licensed casinos. These provably fair games use Random Number Generators (RNGs) to generate the outcome of each action, so the results cannot be rigged. They undergo a series of tests and reviews for authenticity by eCOGRA, iTechlabs, and other software auditors.
Sign up for a UKGC-licensed online casino today and enjoy exciting slot machines, table, and card games, video poker, and live casino games with the best return to player percentage, among other massive rewards.
Clear and Complete Bonus Terms
The best online casino offers are obligatory on all UKGC licensed gambling sites. However, some casino operators still offer exciting bonus offers to new members and existing players on the site. These bonuses vary from a welcome, no deposit, reload and match bonus for newbies and seasonal promos, weekly freebies, and VIP/Loyalty rewards for existing members.
The UK Gambling Commission demands that every casino operator clearly spell out the terms and conditions of each bonus on the site to avoid any unlawful removal of funds from players’ accounts. We advise players to understand the terms and conditions for every bonus before accepting them.
Top 10 UKGC Casinos
Our expert reviewers have compiled a list to help discover the best UKGC regulated online casinos so you can enjoy the perks of playing on a safe casino site.
|UKGC Casino||Number of Games||Acceptable Payment Methods||Welcome Bonus||Minimum Deposit||RTP|
|Energy Casino||3155+||MasterCard, Paysafecard, Neteller||50 no-wager spins||€/$10||96.01%|
|Swift Casino||1,508+||PayPal, Trustly, Mastercard||100% up to €/$50 + 50 FS||€/$10||96.40%|
|Viva Fortunes||550+||PayPal, Apple Pay, Paysafecard||25 Free Spins||€/$10||95.2%|
|Slotty Vegas||1,500+||Paysafecard, Skrill, Trustly||$350 + 135 Free Spins||€/$10||96.52%|
|Mr Play||450+||PayPal, Skrill, VISA, Netteler||€/$200 + 100 FS||€/$10||96%|
|Yeti Casino||450+||Paysafecard, Skrill, Neteller||100% up to €/$111 + 100 FS||€/$10||96.20%|
|Casumo||1900+||Apple Pay, PayPal, Paysafecard||100% up to €/$25 + 20 Bonus Spins||€/$10||97.23%|
|Slotnite||1508+||PayPal, Trustly, Paysafecard||100% up to €/$100 + 100 FS||€/$10||96.21%|
|CasiGO||15000+||Apple Pay, PayPal, Neteller||825 Free Spins||€/$20||96.55%|
Responsible Gambling at UKGC Licensed Casinos in the UK
One of the main areas where the UKGC functions effectively are responsible gambling. The UK gambling commission has taken the responsibility of ensuring every user of UK regulated casinos plays safely. This means that they protect gambling addicts and those who are financially helpless.
Responsible gambling also ensures the prevention of underage gambling. All online casinos provide a Know with Your Customer (KYC) verification process to get the age and other necessary information of British gamblers. To uphold the responsible gambling policy, de-facto UKGC partners with other organisations to provide assistance to people in need. If you cannot reach out to the UK Gambling Commission, then you can contact any of the organisations listed below.
The Newest UKGC Casinos
Since the number of gamblers is rapidly increasing worldwide, it’s only a matter of time before players discover new online casino sites. The new casino sites with UK licence attract new players with a series of bonuses, promotions, and a wide range of payment gateways to boost the online gambling experience.
We have compiled a list of the most recent casinos with a UK gambling commission (UKGC) licence:
€/$1100 / 375 FS
200 / €/$5000 / 50 FS
100 / €/$250 / 100 FS
How We Select & Rate UKGC Licensed Casinos
Our review team has scrutinised all the casinos we recommend on our list of the best online UK casinos. Here are the requirements we use to select and rate UK Gambling Commission licensed casinos.
- Safety and Security:
- Thanks to the UK Gambling Commission, British players can now play on online casino sites with strong security to protect customers’ data. An ideal UKGC casino will bear the seal of eCOGRA or iTech Labs. You can check for it at the footer of the casino site.
SSL and TPS encryptions help you access your favourite gambling sites via mobile or desktop without fear of third-party exposure. These encryptions guarantee the safety of your personal and banking information.
- Fees and Limits
- One exciting aspect of online gambling is creating an impressive and exciting journey from playing your favourite casino games. The best online casinos in the UK allow players to deposit and withdraw via various payment options. You would find casinos that support credit/debit cards, e-wallets, bank transfers, and cryptocurrency. The casinos we recommend provide quick and secure transactions, so you don’t have to wait for weeks before withdrawing your winnings. Remember that you can only make transactions within the limit once you’ve met the wagering requirement on a bonus.
- Bonuses and Promotions
- A casino bonus and promotion from a UKGC casino operator is the icing on the cake for most online gamblers. The best online UKGC gambling sites on our list have a wide range of bonuses and promo offers. The most popular one is the welcome bonus as a headstart for new members to start gambling. However, it would help if you watched out for the bonus wagering requirement on the T&C page.
- Game Variety
- All games on UKGC casinos are tested and trusted to be fair. You can sign up at any UKGC casino. We recommend enjoying a wide catalogue of exciting free and real money casino games. Enjoy the best slots, table and card games, and live dealer games. Reputable software developers develop these games like NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, Playtech, Microgaming, BetSoft, Pragmatic Play, Yggdrasil, and Evolution Gaming, to mention a few.
- Customer Support
- The best online sites with the UKGC licence have a customer support system; gamblers can easily access it if there is a complaint or an inquiry. Sometimes, customer support is available 24/7 via email, telephone number, and live chat on the casino site. Although it’s not a popular option, you can reach out to customer support via social media platforms.
Non-UKGC vs. UKGC Casinos
Mouth-watering bonuses and other casino offers make it easy for gamblers to fall victim to non-UKGC casinos. This is why we recommend that you play safe and enjoy the best free and real money games on UK licensed gambling sites.
Let’s take a quick comparison between UKGC and non-UKGC casinos.
|UK Gambling Commission Casinos||Non-UK Gambling Commission Casinos|
|✓ Provably fair games with random number generators.||✓ No third-party examiners to determine whether games are fair.|
|✓ Standard wagering requirements with simple bonus terms and conditions.||✓ Outrageous wagering requirements to prevent players from winning real money.|
|✓ The UKGC licence protects players’ rights.||✓ No player rights since they are not subject to the UKGC or any licensing body.|
Let’s Sum Up
Safety and security is the most important feature of every gambling site, and the UK Gambling has taken responsibility for this aspect. Regardless of how enticing the bonus offers and other rewards are, it’s important that you always check for UK registered online casinos before becoming a member of a brand.
British players have a boost since the gambling industry is well-regulated, so you have various safe and legal sites to choose from. Feel free to drop a comment and check our site for more reviews and updates on legal online gambling in the United Kingdom.
Are UKGC-certified casinos secure?
Yes, all UKGC-certified casinos are secure, and you can safely gamble on these sites. Asides from being licensed and partners with reputable software providers, UKGC-certified casino sites have a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software technology to keep you safe online.
Where can I find casinos that are certified by the UK Gambling Commission?
The British gambling industry is strict and well-regulated. So, you would find most online casinos are certified by the UK Gambling Commission. You can use our review to search for the best online casinos with a UKGC certification. However, ensure you read the terms and conditions before signing up.
Why should I play at UKGC-licensed casinos?
It’s a no-brainer; UKGC licensed casinos are the safest online gaming options for British and international players. Since the laws that protect online gamblers differ from one location to another, it’s best if you play at a secure site within the jurisdiction.
How can I check for casino certification?
One of the fastest ways to check for a casino certification is by scrolling to the footer section of the casino homepage. Here, you should find all information about the operator’s UKGC licence, available banking options, casino games, and gambling issues.