Trusted NZ Online Casinos for Real Money
New Zealand is a country with a rich history. It is well-known for its culture, outstanding nature, and sports. Kiwis are engaged in numerous activities and are always searching for a way to spend leisure in a fun and interesting manner. That is why it is not surprising that gambling is so widespread in NZ and continues to conquer the hearts and minds of millions of locals.
When choosing an online casino for real money NZ players pay attention to game diversity, security, promotions, and other important features. They want to spend their money on a reliable site and to be protected by the government. That is why in these guidelines we will discuss everything related to the online gambling market in New Zealand. In particular:
- How we select the best kiwi online gambling sites;
- What banking methods to use;
- Different types of casinos.
You will hardly find a more detailed overview of the New Zealand gambling market, so continue reading and stay updated.
Best NZ Online Casinos List of 2023 ?
Deposit $1 get 55 free Spins on Hyper Strike
- Casino Bonus NZ$800
- Min Deposit NZ$1
- Min. Withdrawal NZ$50
- Platinum Play Casino is a top rated gaming site in New Zealand, licensed and regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority. Players can deposit as little as NZ$1 and get a 100% deposit match. The casino offers a wide range of games, including slots, blackjack, roulette, and more. Players can also benefit from bonuses and promotions, and customer support is available 24/7. In addition, Platinum Play Casino offers a secure and safe environment for all players, with 128-bit encryption and high-level firewalls in place
- Players from Accepted
- Bingo Games
- Happy Hour Bonuses
- Licensed and Regulated
- High Withdraw Limits
- Buffalo Spins Casino is an online casino based in New Zealand and owned and operated by Jumpman Gaming LTD. It offers a wide selection of online slots, bingo games, live casino tables, and jackpot slots. It also offers a welcome bonus of 500 free spins on the popular slot game ‘Buffalo Blitz’. Additionally, Buffalo Spins Casino promotes responsible gambling and offers various deposit and withdrawal methods for players.
- Players from Accepted
40 Free Spins for $1
- $1 Minimum Deposit
- You'll get 1 free Millionaire Spin just for registering a new account
- 24/7 Customer Support (live chat & email)
- It holds a licence under the terms of Kahnawake Gaming Commission , and has been operational since 1999. The site offers a variety of games, ranging from classic table games such as Blackjack, Roulette, and Baccarat, to more modern slots and video poker games. It also offers a mobile version of its website, allowing players to access their favourite games from any device. The website also features a loyalty program, where players can earn rewards and bonuses as they play. The games are regularly audited and tested to ensure fairness, and the site has a secure and encrypted payment system. In terms of customer service, Casino Classic is known for its friendly and helpful customer service team, who are available to answer any questions or queries you may have.
- Players from Accepted
Online Gambling in New Zealand Overview
The majority of Kiwis aged 18 years and over have played in online casinos at least once during their lifetime. The surveys say that 41% of locals gamble at least once a week which indicates the popularity of kiwi casino sites.
On average, New Zealanders spend over $2 million a month to play at online casinos and this money goes to offshore platforms and not to local communities. At the moment, legal gambling can take place only in land-based casinos, but recent discussions offer to change the situation and to legalize online casinos in the country.
How We Select and Rank the Best Online Casinos NZ
Even though online gambling in NZ for real money is prohibited, players can register at offshore sites. This means that Kiwis have access to thousands of platforms and may find it difficult to pick a suitable one.
Fortunately, Gamblorium is here to simplify the search. We attentively review gambling sites and publish only the best ones. Here are the most important criteria which kiwi online casinos should meet:
- Licensing. If you are looking for a trusted online casino in NZ, pick platforms that hold licenses from the UKGC, MGA, and other international agencies. They test gambling sites, audit them, and make sure that the platforms are not involved in any doubtful activities;
- Security. We always check whether a casino is protected by SSL encryption protocols. It is also important to have an eCOGRA seal of approval which indicates that the games are fair and random;
- Local currency. It is rather convenient for Kiwi players to make transactions in NZD. That is why we ensure that casinos in our list accept the local currency;
Mobile compatibility. When choosing an online real money casino NZ players want to be sure that it is also available on the go. A mobile-optimized website version or an application add convenience and flexibility to the game and allow players to avoid boredom anywhere they are;
- Attractive bonus offers. With a set of generous and transparent bonuses, it is possible to make gambling rather rewarding. Every online casino New Zealand players see in our list has impressive welcome bonuses, VIP program, and other perks;
- Secure banking. The diversity of payment methods allows choosing the most suitable option. That is why one of our criteria is a broad and secure list of banking options such as debit/credit cards, e-wallets, and crypto;
- Games variety. When you are picking an online casino play for real money you surely expect to find a diverse game library. That is why we introduce you to providers which have hundreds and even thousands of games on offer;
- Fast payouts. No one wants to wait long for withdrawals and reputable online casinos know that. There is no longer a need to wait weeks for cashing out!
- User-friendly website. Convenience, smooth navigation, and appealing design significantly contribute to a positive user experience. That is why this criterion is also on our list;
- Simple registration. Players should spend not more than several minutes to create a personal account and fund it. We check whether the sign-up form is simple and convenient and if the verification procedures are quick. Even first-time players shouldn’t have any troubles when registering;
- Customer support. It is crucial for a gambling site to have 24/7 support. That is why a reputable casino should offer communication via email, live chat, social media, and phone even late at night;
- Additional features. Details matter, so trustworthy casinos add profile’s customization, FAQ and Responsible Gambling pages, and other useful features to make your experience as positive as possible.
TOP Kiwi Online Casino Sites (Updated!)
As you see, there are many features that a reliable gambling site should possess. In most cases, players can’t test several platforms to make the right choice. That is when we come in hand. Let us share a list of online casinos NZ players should definitely try out:
350% / NZ$1100 / 375 FS
450% / NZ$1000 / 100 FS
Setting Up an Account at NZ Casino
There are so many gambling sites on the modern market that it becomes a vital necessity to stand the competition and make the user experience positive and smooth. One of the instruments to do that is to offer a convenient sign-up procedure.
When choosing a good real money online casino NZ players will only need to spend several minutes of their time to set up an account and fund it. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Pick a casino
- Just choose a title from the table above and you will be guaranteed to have the best treatment.
- Fill in the registration form
- You will be asked to insert your full name, date of birth, phone number, address, currency, and password.
- Verify your account
- Some casinos send a verification link via email. Just press it and you’ll be redirected back to the casino’s website.
- Make a deposit and claim the welcome bonus
- Most platforms have instant deposits, so you will be able to start a game immediately. And don’t forget to clear promotion terms and claim your bonuses.
Popular Payment Options in Kiwi Gambling Sites
When choosing online casinos kiwi players should pay attention to available payment methods. They must be diverse and convenient so that you won’t have to waste time opening a new card or account. Before making up your mind, we recommend learning the peculiarities of different payment providers including betting limits and payout times. Thus, you’ll always choose the most suitable option.
Here are the most popular banking methods which can be found in trustworthy online casinos:
Deposit & Withdrawal Limits
There are thousands of online casinos for New Zealand players, so you can always find the one which suits you the most. One of the most important criteria in making a decision is deposit and withdrawal limits.
If you are limited in funds, pay attention to casinos with a NZ$1 deposit. If you are involved in compulsive gambling, casinos with a maximum deposit limit of NZ$100 – NZ$200 will be a good choice. And don’t forget that withdrawal limits differ not only from one casino to another but also depending on the chosen payment method.
We have collected information about available banking options and limits in the leading New Zealand casinos:
|Casino Site||Payment Options||Min Deposit||Min Withdrawal|
|Jonny Jackpot||Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, Apple Pay, PaySafe, Pay by Phone, Bank Wire, Trustly, Interac, Sofort||NZ$20||NZ$10|
|Slotnite||Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, PaySafe, Bank Wire, Trustly, Interac, Sofort, MuchBetter||NZ$10||NZ$10|
Players have access to tens of different payment options, each of which has its own peculiarities. While major banking methods don’t charge any extra fees for making a deposit or withdrawal at an online casino, there are several exceptions.
For example, Neteller takes 1-5% for every deposit and Paypal – 1-4% for any transaction. When using Bank Wire you will also have to pay a particular fee. But if the deposited or payout sum is low, you might not even notice the added free.
Processing & Payout Times
The time needed to process your withdrawal request and to pay it depends both on the casino and the chosen payment method. First of all, the gambling site checks and verifies the request. Depending on the casino, pending time may range from 24 to 72 hours. Then, the payment operator conducts all the necessary procedures and sends you the money. The quickest payouts take place when using e-wallets and the longest – if using direct transfers and cheques.
Best NZ Online Casino Bonuses
Kiwi online gambling is so diverse that it becomes quite difficult to pick the most beneficial platform. Especially considering that there is a huge variety of bonus types that can surprise even the most sophisticated players.
Knowing about the best bonuses for online casino gambling can improve your experience and add extra funds to the account. Below we will discuss the most popular promotions in detail.
No Deposit Bonus
Players are in constant search of No Deposit Bonus and we understand them. A no deposit bonus awards you with free spins or extra cash without a need to fund the account. With its help, you can try out different games and decide whether you like the platform or not.
However, there is usually a high wagering requirement, so you will need to play the winnings through before being able to cash them.
First-time players are offered a set of perks and promotions to motivate them and make the first deposit. As a rule, the Welcome Package consists of two parts: a financial reward and a number of free spins on chosen pokies.
Free Spins promotion can be not only a part of the welcome bonus but also as a stand-alone reward on special occasions. For example, on particular days of the week, on public holidays, or on your birthday. Free spins are also awarded when climbing the loyalty ladder.
1st Deposit Match Bonus
When making the first deposit, players are usually given a match bonus up to a particular sum. For example, a 100% match up to NZ$200. This means that if you have deposited NZ$50, you’ll immediately add NZ$50 to the account and will have NZ$100 to play with.
After claiming all welcome rewards and sticking with the platform, players unlock numerous promotions. They include reload bonuses, loyalty programs, weekly and monthly promotions, VIP tournaments, prize giveaways, free spins on new releases, and much more.
For example, when enrolling in the loyalty program, players accumulate points and exchange them on higher VIP levels and unique promotions. They may include extra funds, cashback, birthday gifts, and whatnot. Not to miss the offers, read the news attentively, and check your email’s inbox.
Select Your Best Casino Type
When selecting an NZ online casino for real money, you might notice that there are numerous types of offers. For example, live dealer, mobile, and download casinos. How to choose the best one? How do they differ?
First of all, you should understand what your main requirements are and which features are the most important for you: flexibility, lobby, size of software, etc. Once you know the priorities, just read the descriptions below and pick the most suitable type.
▶ New Online Casinos
Every day we witness the launch of new casinos that try to overcome their competitors and offer a range of unique services. They use the latest technologies and surprise even the most experienced players with 3D games, AI, and augmented reality. If you look at the recent releases, you will be amazed to see full immersion into the process and a range of top-notch features that these games have.
New platforms also try to surprise players with generous offers, broad game selection, and add-ons. For example, when joining a fresh kiwi online casino, you might be offered to try out the latest game releases for free or to join a VIP tournament without being a loyalty member.
Not to miss recent launches, we recommend getting familiar with the list below:
- Jonny Jackpot
- Kozmo Casino
▶ Live Dealer Casinos
Live games are becoming more and more popular, so you can easily find gambling sites to enjoy these fun and unique titles. The best live casinos cooperate with leading software developers which supply platforms with first-class games that are streamed from real casinos. You can even choose a dealer based on gender and outfit. Amidst the game, players can communicate with each other, tip dealers, and experience all benefits of land-based casinos without a need to go anywhere.
The most popular live dealer games are:
- Live Baccarat
- Live Roulette
- Live Blackjack
- Live Poker
▶ Mobile Casinos
Playing on the go is no longer a dream because more and more kiwi casinos online platforms launch their mobile versions. You don’t have to be glued to a personal computer or laptop because the major games are available on your smartphone. The most popular options are:
|Android||One of the leading operating systems, Android, supports tens of brands, so no matter whether you have Samsung, Xiaomi, or any other smartphone, be sure to play at your favourite casino.|
|iPhone||iOS devices have outstanding design, smooth navigation, and great security, so gambling on your iPhone will always be top-notch.|
|Tablets (iPad)||They offer a perfect blend of a smartphone and laptop with bigger screen size and improved image quality. Put your tablet or iPad in the bag and gamble any time you have a free minute.|
|Apps||Gambling sites took one step further and already launch devoted applications, so you could sign up automatically and enjoy extra perks.|
Just choose one of the multiple mobile online casinos, check your network connection, and you can start gambling no matter whether you are at home or having a lunch break.
▶ Fast Payout Casinos
It is very important to find a fast payout online casino if you are not ready to wait weeks until gambling sites will cash out the winnings. Fortunately, there are many platforms that don’t have a pending period (or it is rather quick: only several hours). They can speed up the payout time in several days. But you should still remember that every banking method has its own payout time and to boost it, pick the fastest options, for example, e-wallets.
▶ High Paying Casinos
A payout percentage is one of the most important indicators when choosing an online casino. It shows how much money a gambling site pays out on every NZ$100 spent. For example, a top paying online casino in NZ will have a payout percentage of 96% and more. This rate means that on every NZ$100 wagered you can expect to return NZ$96 or more.
Of course, these are rough estimates but they show whether a platform can be trusted. We recommend choosing casinos with a 95% payout and higher.
▶ Download Casinos
Even though more and more players choose instant casinos, their download versions are rather popular. Downloadable gambling sites don’t occupy that much space, take only several minutes to install, and often have a bigger lobby. Plus, you need to sign up only once and then login automatically.
However, modern gambling sites switch to instant platforms and not every casino has software to download. If you are a fan of such casinos, check out whether there is a download version before creating an account.
Popular Games in NZ Online Casinos
Game diversity is one of the most important criteria to consider when choosing an NZ trusted online casino. If it has thousands of titles on offer, you won’t have to create accounts at several platforms and will be able to enjoy all the perks in one place. However, the quality of the games also matters. That is why if you want to play fair real money pokies, master the rules of table games, and simply have fun, we recommend choosing titles from reliable software developers, such as NetEnt, Microgaming, and Evolution Gaming.
Actually, there are tens of other developers that create games with outstanding design, top-notch technologies, and great plots, so everything depends on your preferences. Here are the most popular games among Kiwis:
If you don’t know which game to choose or want to deepen your knowledge, we recommend reading articles written by Gamblorium experts. There you will learn more about the most popular games in detail.
Gambling Regulations in New Zealand
Gambling in New Zealand is tightly regulated by the government. On one hand, it is good for the security and safety of players, on the other – creates additional obstacles. Before 2003, online gambling wasn’t regulated but with the implementation of the 2003 Gambling Act, everything has changed. According to this act, the new statutory body was established. It is called the Gambling Commission and is responsible for issuing licenses and making decisions about any activities in the industry.
At the moment, there are no licensed New Zealand online casinos but gamblers can play at offshore platforms without any restrictions. In addition, there are no added taxes, so the winnings fully belong to the gambler. To play at a land-based casino, Kiwis should be at least 20 years old and to gamble online – 18 years old.
Dealing with Gambling Addiction & Problem Gambling in NZ
According to Jenny Salesa, New Zealand’s Associate Minister of Health, every fifth person in the country is affected by gambling. Even though the harm has decreased, it is still important to cover the topic of compulsive gambling. That is why the government is planning to spend $60 million to address the problem. But every person can participate by understanding the issue and knowing how to approach it.
If you or a person you know plays in an online casino in NZ for real money, it is important to know the basic rules concerning budgeting. More and more sites offer players to set betting limits and self-exclude. There are also resources and organizations that are ready to help, such as:
|Gambling Help Line
On their website, you can learn about responsible gambling and get specialist services.
|Ministry of Health
It addresses the problems of gambling under the 2003 Gambling Act.
|Te Tari Taiwhenua Internal Affairs
This department cooperates with participants of the industry and promotes secure gambling.
Popular Land-based Casinos in New Zealand
Despite the popularity of online gambling sites, land-based casinos remain one of the most common destinations among players who want to have fun and seek entertainment. There are several New Zealand offline casinos which can be attended if you are 20 years and older. Rather often, these venues are situated in the same buildings with restaurants, theatres, and music halls which makes the gambling experience truly unforgettable.
Here are New Zealand’s land-based casinos that you can’t miss:
||📍 Address: Victoria Street &, Federal Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
⏰Working Hours: 24 hours
☎️ Phone Number: +64 9-363 6000
💻 Website: skycityauckland.co.nz
||📍 Address: 118 High Street, Dunedin Central, Dunedin 9016, New Zealand
⏰ Working Hours: 12:00 am – 02:00 am
☎️ Phone Number: +64 3-477 4545
💻 Website: dunedincasino.co.nz
||📍 Address: 30 Victoria Street, Christchurch Central, Christchurch 8013, New Zealand
⏰Working Hours: 12:00 am – 02:00 am
☎️ Phone Number: +64 3-365 9999
💻 Website: christchurchcasino.co.nz
Development of Gambling in New Zealand
When the colonies were set up, along with other goods Europeans brought their love for gambling, and since then this pastime became extremely popular in New Zealand. And there is no better way to get familiar with NZ gambling development that to have a closer look at its historical path:
- 1980s. Horse racing becomes the first gambling type but it is enjoyed only by men;
- 1908. The first Gambling Act is introduced. The only two legal forms of gambling are race tracks and sports betting;
- 1910. It becomes illegal to bet off-track, so to place a bet on horse racing, people have to show up;
- 1933. The first national lottery;
- 1951. Establishment of the Totalizator Agency Board which leads to the liberalization of gambling laws;
- 1961. The Golden Kiwi lottery is founded by the National Government;
- 1987. Formation of the New Zealand Lottery Commission which also releases lotto, power ball, scratch cards, and keno;
- 1994. Establishment of the first land-based casino;
- 2003. The 2003 Gambling Act allows offshore gambling.
- Is online gambling in New Zealand legal?
According to the 2003 Gambling Act, gambling is illegal in New Zealand. But these laws concern only local websites, so it is possible to play in offshore casinos without any restrictions.
- Should I use casino bonuses?
Yes, they are a great addition that can make your game even more profitable and fun. But don’t forget that promotions are pleasant bonuses and not a way to earn money.
- What is the best payment method to use at online casinos?
There is no single answer because the decision should be based on several criteria. When choosing an online kiwi casino, it’s important to consider your preferences, the deposited sum, as well as the country where the platform is registered.
- How can I withdraw my winnings?
There are many ways how you can cash out the winnings. They include debit/credit cards, e-wallets, direct transfers, and much more. Just pick the most convenient option.
- What should I know about deposit and withdrawal limits?
Every casino has particular deposit and withdrawal limits which you should check before making a deposit or requesting a withdrawal. For example, at a minimum deposit online casino, it’s possible to start playing at only NZ$1.
- Which online casinos offer the fastest payouts?
There are many gambling sites that offer quick payouts. If you want to find the best online casino in New Zealand for real money that won’t make you wait, just get familiar with our list of reliable platforms.
- Can I play at all online casinos with New Zealand Dollars?
Being able to pay with a local currency is very convenient. If you don’t want to pay extra conversion fees, choose an NZD casino, and save your money.
- What are the best online casino games for kiwi players?
Kiwis have access to the top international platforms, so they are not limited in games. The most popular categories are pokies, table games, and live dealer casino.
- Can I play at an online casino on mobile?
Yes, modern gambling sites are mobile-friendly and fully optimized for Android, iOS, Windows, and other operating systems. Moreover, some casinos have devoted applications for your maximum convenience.
- What is the best online casino in NZ for real money?
When choosing the best online casino kiwi players have lots of demands. That is why it is impossible to name a single gambling site. Just pick a secure platform that meets your criteria.
- What is the legal gambling age in New Zealand?
To play at land-based casinos, Kiwis should be at least 20 years old. However, to gamble at online casinos, participate in keno, lotteries, and sports betting they can be 18 years old.
- Do I have to pay taxes for my winnings in NZ?
When joining an online casino with real money NZ players don’t have to share their winnings with third parties. Gambling winnings are never taxed, so you can keep them to yourself!
- Why should I trust Gamblorium?
Gamblorium is a team of professionals who have been on the gambling market for years. We know what players want and always deliver transparent and unbiased information.